Incentives For Film Industry
By means of Law N° 36 of 2007, “That promotes the Movie-making and Audiovisual Industry and dictates other dispositions” and its bylaws by means of Executive Decree N° 34 of 2009:
- The Panama Film Commission and its Technical Secretariat are created.
- The National Movie Register for foreigners is created.
- The movie making and audiovisual industry is regulated in the national territory.
- Fiscal, customs, labor and migratory incentives are granted for the foreign productions and special areas are assigned for the development of the movie making and audiovisual industry.
- The required processes, permits for eliminating bureaucratization and guarantee prompt processes for the productions.
Benefits for the foreign productions granted by means of the Technical Secretariat of the Panama Film Commission:
- Sole “One-Stop-Shop” for the paperwork.
- Processing of Migratory Permits for the foreign personnel.
- Labor Permits for the foreign personnel.
- Customs: Temporary custody of equipment without guarantee bond.
- Fiscal incentives for the special area assigned, for the development of the movie making and audiovisual industry.
- Permits for public locations throughout the entire national territory.
- Paperwork required by the public services.
- Link with producers, technicians, casting agencies and national personnel.
For further information please contact the Panama Film Commission through our web page: http://pfc.mici.gob.pa