Certificate of Promotion to the Agriculture Exports
PROGRAM FOR THE PROMOTION OF COMPETITIVINESS OF AGRICULTURE AND LIVESTOCK EXPORT
The program was created by means of Law N° 82 of December, 2009 and it consists in supporting the agriculture export effort of non-traditional products by means of the fiscal instrument denominated Certificate of Promotion to Agricultural Exports (CFA)
Characteristics of the CFA:
Characteristics of the CeFA:
- IIt is nominative.
- Transferable by way of endorsement.
- Expires after one year counted from the date of its endorsement by the General Comptroller of the Republic.
- It generates obligations by part of the State from the date of its endorsement by the General Comptroller of the Republic.
- It does not earn interests.
- They are exempted of all type of national taxes, fees, rights, and encumbrances.
- It will be useful only for the payment of any national tax, with the exception of the municipal taxes.
- The assignment, transfer or alienation of the CFA will cause the income tax at a definite rate of 5% on its value.
Who can apply for the CFA?
All the agricultural or the agricultural-industrial exporting industries.
Who can not apply?
- Companies located in special zones.
- Companies located in Duty Free Zones.
- Companies located in Free Zones.
- Natural or corporate persons that accept other fiscal incentive programs.